Countdown to Zordan's Arrival

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
 BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, June 24, 2011

Oh, Mama, the Places We'll Go

Storytime with Mama
Every evening, Mama reads me Oh, Baby, the Places You'll Go! - a gift from Aunt Bridge. I enjoy these times with Mama so much that I thought I'd try my hand and writing her a Suessian style poem. Here goes:

Mama, oh, Mama,
The places we'll go
Me, tucked in my car seat
As we roamy-ro-ro.

We'll take in the sights
We'll take in a game
We'll climb to new heights
We'll find lions to tame.

Mama, oh, Mama
Sometimes just you and me.
Then we'll surprise Mum with an invite;
How happy she'll be.

We'll protect Mum from winged creatures
And kill all the bugs
And snuggle on weekends
And share lots of hugs.

Mama, oh, Mama,
The places we'll go
You'll be full of surprises
And I can't wait know!

4 comments:

  1. Creative little person,
    What a wonderful poem!
    The places you'll go with Mama and Mum
    And then return to your happy home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you're a poet, also,
    A Joyful one, 'tis true.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me
    As I share my musings with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poem is adorable and sweet! Zordan, I hope you grow up to love writing because I have a feeling that with Mum's and Mama's help, you'll be very good at it :-) I cannot WAIT to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to meet you, too, Donna!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I'll have Mum read me what you write, so make it funny, or heartfelt, or even dull - hey, there's very little entertainment to compare it to in here!